Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kennedy's "Christmas" dancing

Kennedy had some fun and meaningful dance performances this month. She got to be a part of an event called, "Flight to the North Pole", that Continental airlines and Florida Hospital put on. It was to benefit the kids that are being treated for cancer. These sick kids are put on a plane, they taxi down the runway, then they arrive at the Continental hanger, where the firetrucks are spraying foam that looks like snow. They enter the hangar (The North Pole) and get to watch dance performances, see live penguins, play in bounce houses, make ornaments, and eat and eat and eat. It really was such a neat event, and we were thrilled to be a part of it. All the dancers and their families also got to enjoy all the festivities and the food. It was a wonderful day, Kennedy danced well, and it felt good to be a part of something where we were helping others.
Cooper looks very frightened in this picture...but it is not because of the penguin. He LOVES animals, just doesn't care for people so much. He was wanting to play with the penguin, but the minute he had to be close to this lady...he wanted to get away.
Sara Rose (one of my best friends) is Kennedy's teacher, so it is always fun to be with her at these events. Emma Rose hung out with us for a while. She danced great too...and fits into our family perfectly (or she will one day when she and Carver get married).
Avalon Aglow
Kennedy also got to perform at "Avalon Aglow" which is a festival they hold right in our neighborhood downtown area. They had all sorts of performers, tons of booths, food, and it was a fun festive night. They even truck in some snow and the kids have a make-shift sledding hill. I couldn't take a picture of it because I knew my family in Utah would think it was pathetic, but for kids here, it is the only chance to see the snow. We had a fun family night watching Kennedy dance and walking around.


Above, Madi and Abby Hillis who also performed, and are Kennedy's good friends . Below, Kennedy's dance team getting ready to dance.
Carver next to the giant Christmas tree that sits right in our town square, just minutes from our house.

1 comment:

Steph Wynder said...

I just got your card today and I was so excited to get your blog address. I got right on to see it. What CUTE, CUTE kids you have. And when I opened your Christmas card looking at that cute little Cooper took me back about 13 years - it was just like looking at Kinsey when she was little. Does he really look as much like Kinsey did in "real life" as he did in that picture - so cute! Kinsey looks so grown up - Dru couldn't believe it - we still think of her as a little 2 year old playing in our toy box. It was fun to see pictures of Sara and Kim on your blog, too - tell Sara hi. It is such a small world . . . I am going to add your blog to my list. I do check blogs all of the time so maybe I will be better at keeping in touch this way. We have a blog - although - I am about the world's worst blogger. I kind of go through spurts . . .it is thewynders.blogspot.com. I've gone on long enough - I will check back in later.