Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Wildman Triathlon" March 2008


I just competed in my second sprint Triathlon (Wildmand Triathlon Festival). I competed with six of the girls from last time, and one new girl. The Triathlon was challenging, exciting, rewarding, and a lot of hours of training...but ultimately, I LOVED IT! I guess I am addicted.

My favorite part of the Triathlon was competing with JOHN! Most of the husbands committed to doing this triathlon back around Christmas, yet they dropped out one by one as the training went along (sounds like they were not up to the challenge of possibly being beaten by their wives:). John was the last man standing (and a little bothered with his friends for quiting) and he went ahead and competed with us. I am so proud of him. He did a great job, even with much less time to train that me. I beat my times from my first Tri, and came in 4th in my age division, and John met his goal of "finishing". He actually did a great job. I finished about three minutes ahead of him (passed him on the run with a nice little wave), but he was a great sport about it.

The men started the swim in a wave that was three minutes ahead of the women, so here we are watching them...getting ready to head out ourselves.


Me coming out of the water. Happy to be finished with my first event and trying to get to my bike as fast as I can.
















Our photographer friends must have missed both me and John on the bike...but we did do it.

Almost to the finish line, though I can't seem to lose "speedo man".






John heading out for his run. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

~LisaLou~ said...

Yeah Amy! #2! That is so exciting! You guys look great! John is awesome for sticking with it! How great to accomplish something like that together. The photo's are great also. I love the water shot.
By the way...I've always been a fan of your photo's. I admired your kids shots on your wall for a long time. It's cool to see the photographer's personality come out in their photo's. You are a talented girl!
Miss you guys! Take care and be happy! Congrats on you triathlon!Lisa

Rebecca said...

You are so awesome! Way to look GREAT on your 38th. My favorite picture is speedo man...I didn't notice him til I read your comment then I laughed out loud! Too funny.

Nicole Jackson said...

How fun for you and John to do this together! The pictures are great and you look awesome! The speedo man is hilarious! Did you beat your time from before? Congrats!