Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kennedy's OLD FASHIONED 14th birthday party! September 2012





Yes...they keep doing this. Growing up on me. I can't believe Kennedy is 14.  Church dance age? Youth conference and EFY age? Whaaaaaaat? It has been interesting having Kennedy as the oldest one at home now. Good for her I think. I was happy to help her plan a party to celebrate this fun day. It ended up being a crazy week for both of us, but somehow, we (me) pulled it together. We decided to go with a "Good Old Fashioned" birthday party. She invited 18 girls...and they all came. Yikes. We had lots of cute decor, mustaches for all, old fashioned candy and cakes, and then we did a "old fashioned" photo shoot.  They played fun games and dressed up a little, and it was a great night. Kennedy is an amazing girl and I am so proud of the teenager she is becoming. And even with the near monsoon that hit us as all the girls were arriving, we all ended up dry and happy.  My sweet husband ran out to each car and held umbrellas over the girls heads as they ran in...meanwhile he got drenched. We had sent up a photo booth on the back porch, but it all pretty much got wet and blew away during my "golden hour" light. So...we switched things up, and did these photos later when it was dark, and even though I had to use a flash and didn't have the lighting I wanted, they still turned out fun. It was so cute to see these girls dress up over and over. Props to my great girlfriends that helped supply me with all the...props! And...to great friends that stuck around and helped me with food and games. How I love you Stef, Amy, and Shaun!  Sooo...there is not going back. Kennedy is 14 and nothing I can do about it. I am so glad she has such great friends and I'm so glad that I get to be her mother!!!!!!!! 















1 comment:

Jodi said...

I just love that girl! What a creative fun party!