Check out my photography blog
Sunday, February 3, 2013
First day of school without Mom! AUGUST 2012
This was a memorable first day of school for my three youngest kids. Pretty much because I WAS NOT IN TOWN! Yep, I was getting Kinsey settled at BYU in Utah, and I just felt I HAD to do that. So the kids flew back to Utah with John (which that was awesome...it's usually me flying with all four of them), and then they did most of the first week of school...without mom! Yep! John was super Dad and got them their school supplies, their backpacks, and got them to school that first week. The big deal was the fact that Cooper was starting KINDERGARTEN!!!! Let me just say, it is just too much to process to have one child moving away and starting college, and my last child going to Kindergarten for the first time. Too much!!! But luckily, the kids did great their first week. Cooper has quite a bit if anxiety for new situations and new people, so we were worried, but he was a champ. His teacher's name is Mr. Kelly, and he is a 26 year old black guy, who used to play football in college. Cooper thinks he is SO COOL. Carver got a teacher that is a blessing from Heaven. Mr. Recinos who has turned out to be this amazing teacher that truly believes in Carver and has boosted his confidence and spirits 100 %. And Kennedy is loving being in 8th grade, and has even successfully found new friends, (since some of her old friends kind of excluded her...because she is a mormon). Though Cooper did end up still having some crazy anxiety days where he refused to go to school, or I had to drag him in, that was short lived. So I am glad that the beginning of the year went off so well, even without me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment