Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fall 2011 descends upon us

Fall is a really great time in Florida.  It starts out pretty hot, but as it progresses this is the time of the year that the kids want to be outside all the time, and when they really enjoy our yard and our surroundings.  In mid October, the humidity goes away, and the weather cools, and we really love that.  So Fall brought to us many outdoor activities.  
Also, this Fall was interesting for a whole new reason. For the first time, I have kids in FOUR DIFFERENT SCHOOLS.  Cooper is in pre-K.  Carver is in Elementary.  Kennedy in Middle school.  Kinsey is in High school. Holy cow! My brain is all over the place. They all start at different times and end at different times, and none of them are bused except Kinsey (but I have to take her to seminary in the morning anyway and usually pick her up after student council meetings).  So my day starts at 5:00 a.m when I wake Kinsey, and by nine o clock when I drop cooper at school...I feel like I have had a full day :)  It's all working out though and the kids are doing great in school. Thought I would post some random fall pics. 


The boys loved fishing with their dad on the Lake near Rollins college



Lots of fun outside with our neighbors. These four kids play and play every chance they get.






I got a new camera this fall.  I had to post these cute shots of my boys that I took the day I got it.  Cooper is loving pre-K this year. He goes to a great school called Monarch.  I thought he was going to hate it as he started with such anxiety, but now it is the highlight of his life.  He loves all the kids in his class and all I hear about is school. 


Carver has a great teacher this year and likes his class.  Florida schools in our area are pretty intense and he has lots of homework. His school happens to teach a lot of information from the grade above, and this is not easy for him.  And to top it off,  they don't even get recess.  I don't love that, especially since Carver is the kind of kid that really needs that, but he is hanging in there. School is not easy for him and so I am so proud of how hard he tries. 



Kennedy is in 7th grade. She was chosen as student of the month the very first month of school. It is quite an honor at Avalon Middle school.  All the teachers have to agree on on student, and she was it.   She works so hard and is on year book committee and in lots of service clubs.  The whole "intense Florida schools" thing is right up her alley.  Good for some kids...not good for others. 


Kinsey is busy busy with her Senior Vice President duties, and her National Honors society secretary duties...plus chorus and other clubs.  She has been through the college application process all fall (I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS THAT OLD), and it is exciting and sad (for me) all at the same time. I keep thinking that "this is the last year" with her and it is killing me.  But I am so proud of the stellar student she is.  If colleges don't let her in with her straight A's and high ACT and all her activities...I don't know who they let in. She has worked SO HARD for all of this.  



My sister Wendy came to visit for a few days in October.  It was SO  WONDERFUL.  She and her husband were in town for business so they could not stay long, but we made the most of every minute. It was really perfect to have her here.  She is truly one of my best friends and I wish we lived closer to each other.  Her husband Darin is amazing and he was a hit with the boys.  Cooper told EVERYONE that his uncle Darin was visiting.  Darin would get right down on the floor and play with the boys.  Carver's friend came over and saw this one day, and the next day he told me..."I totally wish I was in your family now.  I want him to be my uncle too".  So cute. 




One day this fall, Cooper and I ended up being twinners at church. I did not even plan this or notice until we got to church. I thought it was so funny, so we had to take some pictures.  The "old" me would have planned this "matchy matchy" for church. The "new" me is lucky if we are all dressed and even make it to church on time :)


And we can't forget sports. Sports are always part of the fall.  Cooper did great at soccer again (seriously...4 year old soccer is my favorite.  So darn cute).  Kennedy play YMCA volleyball and again was one of the strongest servers on the team. Her team won the championship.  And right now Carver is playing basketball and loving it. 

No comments: