Okay...this is a good story. When we moved into this house almost seven years ago, we bought some leather couches. Good couches...for a while. A few years ago they got some sort of couch disease. They started peeling and chipping and the result was HORRIFIC. Not sure if it was the humidity or what. Anyway, those couches have been a THORN in my side for quite some time, but new couches have just not been in the budget. So we lived with it. Well...a few months ago, our neighborhood had a huge garage sale. I love these garage sales and I have found so many great things. But never couches. So John had this great idea that he was going to find couches this year. I cringed a little as I pictured old used possibly stinky couches. But instead JOHN FOUND THE GREATEST DEAL OF THE CENTURY. He found these great couches. They are practically new, super comfortable, no spots, no stinkiness...and beautiful. The family selling them just downsized their house, so they didn't have room for these practically new couches. OH MY GOODNESS. And the best part...two couches for $100. Hmm, they must have not known that we, or anyone else would have paid so much for these close to perfect items. But I didn't feel it was my responsibility to tell them :) See...it truly was the miracle of the couches. We got them the morning my sister was coming to visit, and had them set up and ready to go by the time she came. What a blessing for us.
Now, the only problem is the fact that they are so comfortable that I would really like to just lay on them ALL DAY LONG. Hmm, that so does not fit into my life, but I can always dream.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh I love them! I have to run but I wanted to write a novel comment like how much I love your updated family room, how jealous I am that you got to go to So You Think You Can Dance Tour, how fun your Halloween looked and that I hope you will teach me how to do those cool jars! LOVE LOVE LOVE your updates! Miss ya!
Post a Comment