Friday, February 11, 2011

When in Rome

Awww. When in Rome...wait.  I should say...when KINSEY is in Rome.  Yes, my sweet girl had an amazing opportunity this past month.  Kinsey has a good friend that does a lot of traveling with her father who is a pilot.  They invited Kinsey along this time for a whirlwind trip to Italy.  A five day trip jammed pack with all things Italian.  They saw all the sights, ate good food, and had the time of their lives.  Thank you to Savannah and Robert for this wonderful opportunity.


Doesn't my girl look like she fits in in this beautiful city?  Kinsey mentioned that she and Savannah seemed to be getting a lot of attention from the Italian men, which frankly, worried her. "Chiao Bella, Chiao Bella" heard as they walked by.  Guys taking pictures of them, etc etc.  That brought back some memories.  I went to Rome when I was 17, and I do remember that those Italian boys did seem to like the blond American girls.  Luckily I have a smart girl that took it as a grain of salt and didn't get into any sticky situations.  And they had great chaperones. But they sure are cute. 



The first communication I got from Kinsey after she got to Rome was a text that said, "We are in Rome.  It's so beautiful.  We are sitting outside our hotel eating Gelato with a view of the Colosseum". I could just picture her doing just that.  I am just so happy for her. 



It was so hard to send Kinsey off to head across the ocean..AND NOT GET TO GO WITH HER.  I was dying to know what she was feeling, seeing, and experiencing the whole time.  Luckily these girls have a great eye for photography, and they took great pics and they tell a great story. I had fun messing with these photos and realized that Italy sure would be a great place for photo shoots.  Anyone wanna go?  


Sight seeing, sight seeing, sight seeing. They saw the Vatican, museums, Trevi fountain, the Colloseum, the spanish steps, the Pantheon, Circus Maximus,  etc, etc,  So much in the short amount of time they were there.  They had great weather and walked all over that beautiful city. Lots of wonderful sidewalk cafe's and shopping as well. 



Kinsey is the kind of girl that works hard, does what is right, is a good friend, and has such a sweet heart. She has not had the easiest past couple of years with the problems we have had in our family, and she asks for so little.  So I am so happy that she had this opportunity.  What a sweet friend Savannah is to bring her along on this adventure. We are so grateful to her and her father. 

2 comments:

Simply White said...

What a fun experience! Kinsey is so gorgeous I just can't believe how old she is. Italy is for sure at the top of my list!

Nicole Jackson said...

Wow Italy!! How jealous am I being partly Italian!!! What a great experience!! We need to catch up soon! Your baby is four, time is flying way too fast. I love your blog, how did you get that cute fonts and the pictures are so big!! Hope all is well with you! Love Nic