Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Becoming "country-fied" in Nashville

We had the MOST amazing vacation this past month. We took a road trip to Nashville Tennessee...and we fell in love.


We went to stay with one of my college roommates, Carrie Haslam. I met her and her husband Jason during our freshman year at BYU, (well...he wasn't her husband then), and we have kept in touch all these years and see each other when we can. Jason just started practicing as an orthopedic surgeon in Nashville about 4 years ago, and we hadn't been to see them since they lived there. I am SO GLAD that we decided to go. We loved everything about Nashville and Carrie made the week amazing.
I took SO many pictures (I know...big surprise), and I can't stand leaving them all out...so I'm not going to. Carrie treated us to so many fun things, was the most amazing host, and we loved being in her home.




Downtown fun


Carrie and Jason's house. They live in Brentwood in such a lovely area




The view from the Natchez Trail Bridge.




Above...my kids feeling "a little bit country" during my "nashville photoshoot", and below, Carrie's darling youngest daughter, Emme.


The whole trip was so amazing. Some of my favorite random things about this trip are:

The night at the Blue bird Cafe (where the songwriters come to perform their songs). All the yummy food that Carrie's mom baked for us. Long talks with my college roommate. Watching the kids enjoy themselves so much. The drives through the beautiful country side. Seeing my husband turn into a country music fan...and just being together as a family. I have documented most of this trip in photos (as follows), what else is new.

1 comment:

Lorraine Roe said...

Soooo cool. I love my ATV. Can't wait to here about Utah trip. I just got here in Utah this morning.
Clay