Besides wedding stuff...Utah was also filled with so much more. Some fun times with friends, enjoying time with my parents in their cozy house while it was snowing outside (hello...it's April), sleeping in, watching conference with family, and spending mother daughter time with Kinsey. Such great memories. I loved watching as my brother and his kids strung intricate stands of lights (that my brother constructed) for the reception...hoping that my brother would not fall off that ladder. I loved being int he temple with my family and seeing Martsie there for the first time. I loved dancing with my little tiny nieces. I loved seeing all my big neices and nephews interact with each other. I loved seeing how much Kinsey enjoyed the snow. I loved remembering that there is a reason that I now live in Florida :) I loved sitting by my parents fire and having a long talk with them. I loved being on a plane with out tiny children...so I could just sleep and read (heaven). I loved the fact that I had such a good husband at home watching the other kids. It was such a wonderful vacation.
Check out my photography blog
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Family fun in Utah
Besides getting to take beautiful pictures of the Bride and Groom while in Utah...I also got to catch the behind the scenes stuff with my fun family. I love my family so much and I feel so grateful that Kinsey is so close to her cousins. We really had such a fun time helping out with the wedding.
This is Kinsey and her cousin Joye (above). Joye and Kinsey were born in the same hospital, with the same doctor, only eight hours apart. It was like a party at the hospital with all the family coming to visit. They have always been so close. They had a great time together this visit. They were pretty much inseparable.
Kinsey got to help Martsie while I took pictures. She and Joye and Melissa were "hair and make-up"girls.
These are three of my cute nieces, Martsie and her sisters Joye and Melissa. Martsie and Melissa were babies when I was a teen-ager and I loved them like my own babies. I can't believe they are all grown up. Where does the time go.
Some of the family, getting ready to pose...up close and personal.
My brother in law Darin and my niece Brooklyn...taking a moment to dance outside the temple. There should always be moments "to dance".
I had to hop in one picture with the cute couple. I guess to prove I was there!
"hooray"

Cute cousin's having fun waiting for the bride to come out of the temple. Melissa, Kinsey, Joye, and Lexi.
My brother and his cute family
Two of my brothers. Jon and Charlie
My parents with the cute couple
Father of the bride
My sister Wendy and her husband
Kinsey with cousin's Dylan and Lexi
Three of my nieces together. These two darling little nieces just thought Martsie was the most beautiful thing ever. The little one, Tyli, kept saying, "Princess, temple. Princess temple". She loved being at the temple, and she couldn't wait to see the princess that came out. How appropriate.
Me with a new Great Nephew...Aiden. So cute!
My nephew and his darling little, girl hitting the dance floor
Kinsey and cousin Ashley. They have grown up to look like each other so much,and we never really realized it before.
My nephew and niece, Joye and James, showing us how it's done.
My nephew Daniel and his cute wife Amy. It was only three years ago that I was photographing their wedding...now they have a little one on the way. Yay!
My nephew Andrew and his cute friend. Hopefully our large crazy family didn't scare her off too much.
Okay, this was not at the wedding or reception, but I had to get a shot of our fun girls night out. This is me with two of my sisters, two of my sister-in-laws, and three of my nieces. So much fun. We always do a girls night out when I go to Utah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The pictures are fantastic!! It's especially fun to see all the pictures since we couldn't be there. We're sad we missed it!
Of COURSE you are a photographer! You crack me up with all of your hobbies. It seems like you are good at anything you put your mind to! Love the pictures. I'm jealous of all the snow in April! It is seriously hot here in AZ.
Amy we loved having you hear. Of course we missed the rest of the family but we will just take what we can get! That was so much fun! You're pictures turned out awesome. Good job!
Those pictures are great! What fun for you to go with just Kinsey! How long were you there for? Your family is getting so big! I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment