And how could this post be complete without a few newborn pics of Cooper. I can't resist. I get all sentimental when I remember the births of my kids (I choose to block out all the yucky parts and just focus on the precious sweet baby that never cried and all the sweet bonding time we had while I was feeling perfectly wonderful).
- Cooper loves to wrestle. He is ready for a dog pile at any moment of his life. If he sees even one of us laying on the ground, he gives us a running body slam in no time. Wrestling with Carver is his absolute favorite. Those boys roll and tumble and growl and grunt...and they have a ball.
- Cooper is a man of few words. I was going to say "the silent type", but that is not true. He makes plenty of sounds (grunting mostly), and even has a language of his own, but he doesn't feel the need to speak much English. It cracks me up when I think about how Kinsey was reciting her alphabet sounds, and telling me about the five vowels at this age...and Cooper is so different. He does know a few words, but they are words he only uses in desperation or total annoyance. "DON'T", "NO", "GO", "STOP", "MINE", "MORE". I guess he doesn't want to expend the energy to speak unless someone (many times me), is really bugging him! the rest of the time he uses the "pat, point,and grunt" system. It goes like this... Pat mom(or anyone in sight) over and over on the arm or leg (until it feels like hitting), and then point and grunt for what you want. Hmmm, so effective when you have three siblings to give you what you want.
- Cooper LOVES animals. Animals in books, on TV, or the real thing. Coop can be a straight faced little guy sometimes, but as soon as he sees an animal, he goes crazy. He starts pointing and squealing in this high pitched squeal. Maybe he is communicating with these animals. Hey, maybe he has a gift. At any rate, fun to watch, but a little sad he was born to "non-pet" parents. Not sad enough for us to change our ways, EVER, but sad none the less.
- Cooper can entertain himself for long periods of time with one box of toys. He will line up all his little cars, build and build with Legos, or build with blocks, many times putting the toys away when he is done. He also loves to play outside and wishes he could do everything his big brother does.
- Cooper used to be the best eater in the world, but now he thinks he gets to be "Choosy" and sometimes won't eat anything at all (not that it shows). I don't LET my other kids be very choosy, so we will see what we can do with this little stinker. His favorite food right now is pizza, any sort of cookie or cake, bananas, and he is constantly begging for our diet soda. Maybe he thinks the soda will cancel out all the other sugar. He also loves mac and cheese, grapes, and waffles. And...in true man form, he loves to stand and stare into the fridge...and sometimes tries to climb in.
- When it comes to strangers, or adults he is not used to, Cooper is not very personable. In fact, at times he has exhibited "people hating" symptoms. He is perfectly comfortable with his family, but then gets all shy and a little angry when he is forced to mingle with "others". When someone talks to him, he simply turns his head and pretends that person is not there. He was a nursery drop out for months, and taking him to the gym was so hard at first. But YAY, he is changing a little. He will stay in the nursery now (after a brief amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth), and he is starting to be more social and doesn't "ignore" quiet as much. He has always loved other kids, especially bigger boys, and cute girls, so that always goes well. He did take to my Dad right away, and so I think things are changing. Just don't be offended if Cooper has completely acted as if you didn't exist. He does that to everyone.
- Cooper is a DADDY'S BOY. He loves his mom too, but if John is around, that is where the love is. So cute. Especially loves to ride on Daddy's shoulders.
- Cooper has a "favorite spot". He loves my big cushy chair in my room. He will run to it, grab his blankie, and point to the TV so I will put on a movie for him. He settles in and just "de-stresses". Some of his favorite movies right now are...Toy Story, Kung Fu Panda, Busy Buddies (kid exercise show...though he prefers to "sit" and watch). T.V shows...Micky Mouse club house, Handy Manny, Sweet Life of Zack and Cody (loves to watch with his siblings).
- Though Cooper has been a baby that slept through the night since he was a few months old, lately, in the past few months, certain nights he will randomly wake up, inconsolable...until you let him sit in the chair...and watch a movie. Then he pats us and wants to go back to bed. Who in the heck has heard of a "movie break" in the middle of the night?
- Cooper was an infant of wonderful health, but since this last summer he has gotten ear infection after ear infection. No fun!
- Cooper LOVES Kinsey. He loves all his siblings, but lately, he sometimes prefers her to any of us. It is so cute.
Happy Birthday Cooper. I will always remember you the way you were...when you were TWO!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Cooper! We wish that we were there to celebrate with you. Sorry about the sleepless nights! Cooper just sounds so fun! I can picture him doing all of the things that you've described. I'm right there with you in the two year old stage, only the girl version. Just recently Tyli has all of the sudden "grown up". So watch out! Before you know it he'll be actually looking forward to nursery and the old trick of "I'm leaving, bye!" just won't work the same. :( We love and miss living all of these experiences with you. I love it when you blog frequently. We almost feel like we are right there.
I feel so old. Just seems like yesterday that Cooper was born. Time flys. Actually I do take offense that Cooper no longer notices me & treats me like I'm invisible. I miss those days in summer when we would hang out. Sniff, sniff, I don't want to make this into a monologue. Well Happy Birthday Cooper!! My favorite show is Suite (not sweet) Life of Zack & Cody too.
Clay
Post a Comment