Last week-end the kids had two days off of school for Martin Luther King day. A co-worker of John's offered us his condo out at Cocoa beach. The offer came at a perfect time. A time when we just wanted to "get away". Cocoa is only about 35 or 40 minutes from our house, but it feels miles and miles away from "every day life". Those of you who know me know that the beach is one of my very favorite things in the whole world. I love the sounds and the smells and the beauty. We loved the beaches in Seattle so much and still miss them, and we love Florida beaches in a different way. I just can't even imagine not being able to live close to water now that I have had a taste of it. To me...it is paradise. I could just sit on a beach, stare out into the ocean for hours. I love taking walks on the beach, or playing with my kids in the surf. Most of all, reading a good book on the beach. I also just love the feel of the sand. In fact, John and I have collected sand from about 12 beaches that we have been to since we moved to Florida. I guess we are just "Beach people". So... our week-end was just perfect for us. We loved the great beach front condo. We loved leaving our windows open and hearing the surf all night long. We loved playing on the beach and the pool. The weather was a little cloudy and a little chilly a few of the days, but we just threw on some sweatshirts and continued to enjoy the beach. It reminded us of our beach combing days in Seattle. John and I loved running on the beach. We did lots of running and swimming preparing for our triathlon that is coming up in a couple months. We loved watching the cruise ships go out and come in. We played a lot of games, watched a lot of DVD's, ate yummy treats, went for walks, read books, wrote our names in the sand, played in the surf, and generally just enjoyed ourselves. Cooper could not get enough of the sand and couldn't resist eating a few handfuls. Kinsey was obsessed with writing her name in the sand or spelling it out with shells. Carver was all about the boogie boarding, and Kennedy was all about playing board games. Good memories for sure.
Check out my photography blog
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Coo Coo for Cocoa Beach!
Last week-end the kids had two days off of school for Martin Luther King day. A co-worker of John's offered us his condo out at Cocoa beach. The offer came at a perfect time. A time when we just wanted to "get away". Cocoa is only about 35 or 40 minutes from our house, but it feels miles and miles away from "every day life". Those of you who know me know that the beach is one of my very favorite things in the whole world. I love the sounds and the smells and the beauty. We loved the beaches in Seattle so much and still miss them, and we love Florida beaches in a different way. I just can't even imagine not being able to live close to water now that I have had a taste of it. To me...it is paradise. I could just sit on a beach, stare out into the ocean for hours. I love taking walks on the beach, or playing with my kids in the surf. Most of all, reading a good book on the beach. I also just love the feel of the sand. In fact, John and I have collected sand from about 12 beaches that we have been to since we moved to Florida. I guess we are just "Beach people". So... our week-end was just perfect for us. We loved the great beach front condo. We loved leaving our windows open and hearing the surf all night long. We loved playing on the beach and the pool. The weather was a little cloudy and a little chilly a few of the days, but we just threw on some sweatshirts and continued to enjoy the beach. It reminded us of our beach combing days in Seattle. John and I loved running on the beach. We did lots of running and swimming preparing for our triathlon that is coming up in a couple months. We loved watching the cruise ships go out and come in. We played a lot of games, watched a lot of DVD's, ate yummy treats, went for walks, read books, wrote our names in the sand, played in the surf, and generally just enjoyed ourselves. Cooper could not get enough of the sand and couldn't resist eating a few handfuls. Kinsey was obsessed with writing her name in the sand or spelling it out with shells. Carver was all about the boogie boarding, and Kennedy was all about playing board games. Good memories for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I cannot believe that you guys were in the ocean in January!!! Or is Carver the only one that went in? The benefits of living in a warm climate. Sounds like you had so much fun and the kids are adorable! When is your babies birthday? I think today or soon. I cried when my last baby turned 1 and I will be bawling when she goes to Kindergarten!
Hey Nicole,
On that day, Carver and Kennedy got in. But we went to the beach again this past Saturday and we all got in. It was perfect weather in the high 70's. I do love this time of year. And yes...totally cried when Coop turned One. I can't deal with it.
These are some beautiful pictures. I have always admired your nack at getting the perfects shots! This sounds like it was the funnest weekend. We are so jealous of your warm weather. Even though we were just there in November, we are ready to go back!
Jodi
Post a Comment