Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fall fun

And now, for some random and unrelated fall happenings.

First of all, some fun with the cub scouts. Carver is really enjoying being in Cub Scouts. It's all so new to me, and I don't really get it all...but I know Carver is having fun. One day I followed along with his little pack to the vietnam museum close to our house. The boys LOVED playing around with all this stuff. What is it with boys and guns? Weird.





A very fun thing that happened this fall was a visit from my sister Brenda. She came from Utah for a visit. She came with my niece Lyn, her husband Cory, and their darling two boys. I LOVED having them here. We had some nice long sister talks, and some great catching up with my darling niece and her family, and a wonderful day at the beach. My boys miss her boys already.

We even headed up to a BYU game in Tallahassee with my niece and her husband. Yes, BYU got trampled, and yes, my poor niece pretty much got heat stroke, but it was neat to be at a BYU football game again. It has been ages and I miss them so much. FSU campus is beautiful and the stadium is really neat. John and I stayed in Tallahassee for the night and it made for such a nice little getaway. I LOVE it there. It is about 5 hours from Orlando, and looks quite different. A little hilly with lots of charm. I'm glad we had a fun little road trip.

We had a great night out at Cocoa beach one night. I was able to do family pictures for my niece Lyn (more posted on my photo blog). So fun to capture the joy on her boys faces from being at the beach for the first time.


Kinsey has been very involved in Student government these past few years. This is the Junior Class float for the Timber Creek High School Homecoming parade. Kinsey worked hard on this float and I think it turned out so cute. Our family loves going to the Homecoming parade every year, right in our own little neighborhood...along with attending the Homecoming game. Fun fall traditions.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how we live so close- and still, I come to the blog to get the details on your life. :) Loved reading and seeing it all... (As for Tally - see why I want to move there? So pretty....small town but with all the "stuff" you need.)