How to get the "Disney" Experience...without going to the Disney parks? Well, John's mom had given us a gift certificate for "anything Disney" for Christmas. With the Florida resident deals that were going on during January, we were able to take the kids to a Disney hotel for a night, and it cost us nothing...and somehow my kids came away with the feeling that we had "been" to Disney (Disney does such a great job with their hotels, that it is an experience just to stay). So THANK YOU BARBARA! We even decided to do this whole get-away on Coopers Birthday. And...by happen chance (or careful planning)...Our good friends the Dowdy's were going to that same place...the same week-end for Stefanie's birthday, so we got to hang out with them. PERFECT!!!! We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside resort. It was amazing and sprawling resort with a great pool, beautiful grounds, and riverboat rides. So beautiful.


Once we got to Downtown Disney, we hit the shops, played with Legos at the Lego store, walked around, and even stopped off at the "Disney Dance party"...which all of the Lopez's participated in...but NOT all of the Dowdy's (we won't mention names Mason). The kids had a great time doing their favorite line dances, and it was fun to watch them. Carver and Caleb sure have some moves.

We even had cake and presents for Cooper in our hotel room. Cooper kept saying..."I yike (like) my birthday". "I'm free (three) now". Or..."I yike this hotel", or "I yike this boat", or "mom...i have bun (fun) today". He was so cute all day, and I really think he loved his birthday.
After we got back from downtown Disney, we all went out to the pool and the kids swam until 12:30 a.m. Gotta love Disney for leaving their pools open. It was a little too chilly for us adults, but the kids said the water was warm, and they got the entire gigantic pool to themselves. I loved watching them all have so much fun together...and seeing my three year old having the time of his life until the wee hours of the morning. Good memories for sure.


Saturday morning we got up and let the kids swim for as long as they wanted. The Dowdy's headed off to the parks, but our kids swam for about three or four hours. It seemed cold to me (probably mid to high sixties, I am a thin blooded Floridian now), but all the northerners
and all the kids just went and went and went. I think Carver went down the water slide about 200 times (or so it seemed). I'm so glad they all had fun...and I'm so glad I got to sit and read my book. What a great week-end.
John rescuing Coopers run-away balloons. Amazing story deserving of it's own post...so check out the following post for the whole story.
Me, Stefanie, and Chris...waiting for our riverboat. We decided to take a boat over to downtown Disney that first night. The boat ride itself is so beautiful and peaceful, and then we had so much fun at Down town Disney.
Mason Dowdy just happens to be one of Kinsey's best friends and favorite boys...so she pretty much lucks out when we do things with the Dowdy's. These two always have a good time messing around and teasing each other, and the rest of the kids kind of just blend as well. Though...Stefanie should have just had one more baby so that Coop could have a friend. What were you thinking Stef?
Once we got to Downtown Disney, we hit the shops, played with Legos at the Lego store, walked around, and even stopped off at the "Disney Dance party"...which all of the Lopez's participated in...but NOT all of the Dowdy's (we won't mention names Mason). The kids had a great time doing their favorite line dances, and it was fun to watch them. Carver and Caleb sure have some moves.
Aww....food!!
We even had cake and presents for Cooper in our hotel room. Cooper kept saying..."I yike (like) my birthday". "I'm free (three) now". Or..."I yike this hotel", or "I yike this boat", or "mom...i have bun (fun) today". He was so cute all day, and I really think he loved his birthday.
After we got back from downtown Disney, we all went out to the pool and the kids swam until 12:30 a.m. Gotta love Disney for leaving their pools open. It was a little too chilly for us adults, but the kids said the water was warm, and they got the entire gigantic pool to themselves. I loved watching them all have so much fun together...and seeing my three year old having the time of his life until the wee hours of the morning. Good memories for sure.
Saturday morning we got up and let the kids swim for as long as they wanted. The Dowdy's headed off to the parks, but our kids swam for about three or four hours. It seemed cold to me (probably mid to high sixties, I am a thin blooded Floridian now), but all the northerners
and all the kids just went and went and went. I think Carver went down the water slide about 200 times (or so it seemed). I'm so glad they all had fun...and I'm so glad I got to sit and read my book. What a great week-end.
1 comment:
How can your baby be three already? He is the cutest! What a fun time at the Disney Hotel! How's life? We need to catch up!
Post a Comment