Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween Hoopla!


What a great Halloween we had this year. We had a Halloween party at church on the 30th, and that was fun for the kids to get to see their church friends and parade around a bit. Halloween night is always amazing in our neighborhood. Here in Florida, or at least in our area, the Halloween decorations are so elaborate. You would think it was Christmas with a spooky twist. I guess it is because we have such great weather right now, so it is easy to get out and make your yard look great. All the houses in our neighborhood have these great covered front porches, so most people sit out and pass out candy. Spooky music can be heard, and even some sound effects from certain houses. It feels like a giant Halloween party in our neighborhood. Very fun for the kids. This year I stayed home with Cooper (he went around for a few houses) and the kids went with John (and Kinsey went to a fun "teen" party with some friends from church). I think the kids got enough candy to feed a small country. Fun was had by all. Kinsey decided to be Minnie mouse this year. It is actually the very same costume that she wore when she was 18 months old. Just fits a little differently.
Kennedy was a "Flapper" from the 20's


The cutest blond vampire I have ever seen. When we got to the Halloween party, everyone kept walking by Carver and saying, "Hey Dracula", or "What a cool Vampire". Carver looked up at me with total surprise and said, " Hey mom, how does everyone know that I'm a Vampire"?

The Vampire tried to bite the Flapper a couple of times. We had to keep an eye on them.

Cooper was a tiger this year. I figured he needed a "tiger mommy", so I dressed up too.

Cooper was all about the lollipops. As he was eating one, he had a look on his face like, "You have been holding out on me mom...all this time you have just been giving me a tasteless binki".
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole Jackson said...

Very Cute pictures of the kids and you! Halloween here was great also! What's the weather like in Flordia these days? My sister lives in Phoenix now and is ready for the weather to change. She's having a hard time getting excited for the holidays when it's still 95 degrees!